Friday, June 11, 2010

It has a heart

It's now confirmed, our baby has a heart. No tin man for us. Along with Auntie Daryl, we went to the doctor yesterday for the next checkup. After the typical weigh-in and pee-in-a-cup, we went into the exam room. The doctor asked Sam to lay down and used a device called a Doppler to find the baby's heartbeat. Within 5 seconds we heard the very loud 'baboom-baboom-baboom' beating at 150 bpm. In terms of rock n roll that's almost as fast as Communication Breakdown by Led Zeppelin. That's completely normal and very healthy. The baby's heartbeat will gradually slow down as it gets closer to 9 months. I was all ready to record the sound using my phone but I was too awe-struck and speechless as soon as I heard it that it didn't even cross my mind. It was one of the most exciting moments in my life.

We also got our ultra-sound booked for July 21st so we can see the baby, make sure everything is looking good and maybe even find out the sex before going to Hawaii.

I also picked up a present from the Whitecaps game on Wednesday.



2 comments:

  1. Remarkable and enjoyable blog! I did, however have a brief moment of panic.
    I will be baby Nutley's Great Aunt!?

    Great Aunt Karen Berry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yes Great Aunt. Actually you're the second Aunt to realize this and panic. There's still a few more more who haven't figured that out yet.

    ReplyDelete