Friday, December 17, 2010

Due Date + 2

Well...here we are! Due Date plus TWO and still no Little Miss Nutley!

I, Mommy, (accompanied by Nana Nutley, because Daddy was at work) went to the Dr. yesterday for my weekly appointment hoping to hear that I had made some more progress towards labour...but unfortunately, it looks like we're still in the same boat as last week. :-(

I won't go into all of the graphic details for everyone but basically the Dr. couldn't quite tell if I had made any more progress. Further to that, my blood pressure was a little high so I got to go upstairs to the Maternity Ward for a Non-Stress Test to make sure that baby and I were doing okay.

After monitoring the baby for 20 minutes (she was excellent!) and taking my BP a few times (first it was high, then higher, then a bit lower, etc.) and reporting back to the Dr. the nurse came back in with a hospital bracelet and I nearly fell off the bed! Were they admitting me? Was I going to be induced today? No...unfortunately they had just decided to take some blood to further ensure that I was okay since they had already determined that Baby Girl was doing just fine.

Long story short (and when I say long, I mean that we were at the hospital for almost 4 hours - most of which was waiting for results!): All of the tests came back fine and I was able to go home around 4:30 yesterday afternoon. However, I was given strict instructions to "take it easy" for 48 hours and come back on Saturday for another Non-Stress Test to make sure that nothing has changed in a bad way.

So...I'm now trying to figure out how to further "take it easy" as my entire week has already consisted of hanging out at home, reading, tidying the house (lightly of course) and watching TV. LOL! Guess I'll just do the same but perhaps I'll lay in bed instead of on the couch? Oh well...better get started! ;-)

We'll see how things go at the hospital tomorrow...and of course update everyone here ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment